GameStorm on the Horizon
February 26, 2009, Portland OR - Long-range forecasters are predicting that GameStorm 11, just a month away, will be the fiercest yet. Portland-area gamers will be blown away by the non-stop action across all genres. From March 26th to March 29th at the Hilton Vancouver WA, attendees can expect to be hit by a blizzard of board games, a maelstrom of miniatures, and a torrent of roleplaying - the perfect storm of hobby gaming. Here are some of the highlights:
- Bigger, Better Space than Ever! - In 2009, GameStorm moves into its new home, the luscious Hilton Vancouver WA and Convention Center, featuring 21,000 sq. ft. of event space, deluxe rooms at an unbelievable $106/nt, across from beautiful Esther Short Park and convenient to many food options. Reserve by March 6th for our group rate!
- Board Game Guests of Honor - GameStorm welcomes the prodigiously talented Andy and Kristin Looney, founders of Looney Labs. Andy's game designs - including Fluxx, Ice House, Cosmic Coasters and Chrononauts - have won numerous awards and remain gamer favorites. Andy will be challenging many opponents simultaneously in "Andy vs. Everybody."
- Roleplaying Guests of Honor- Who could ignore the transformation wrought by Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition? Lead Designers/Developers Andy Collins and Rob Heinsoo are ready to bask in the praise or take the heat! Expect a few select opportunities to game with these masters of the RPG universe.
- Artist Guest of Honor - GameStorm steps up its game this year with our first-ever Artist Guest of Honor, the graphically gifted Rob Alexander. Rob has been painting Magic: The Gathering card art since the beginning; one might even call him the "Land" Lord of Magic! Rob's work generously graces our t-shirts and program in 2009.
- Castle Falkenstein Live! - CF creator, and game design legend, Mike Pondsmith will be running a Castle Falkenstein LARP at GameStorm. Enrollment will be very limited, so start practicing your fencing, fisticuffs, and courtly etiquette now!
- Dead Gentlemen Productions presents…- screenings of their latest hilarious spoof, The Gamers: Dorkness Rising. Several of the performers will be on hand to sign your DVDS and play to the crowd
- "Indie Hurricane" Returns! - Last year, attendees responded so well to our indie roleplaying forum that the folks from GoPlay PDX are back, with more new games and more programming. Experience roleplaying on the cutting edge and you may put down your d20s for good!
- Game Lab - GameStorm continues its commitment to developing the industry with an even broader program of game design workshops, evaluated demos, and opportunities to pitch to industry professionals. If you've got a prototype, register for Game Lab and put your design to the test.
- Privateer Press - There should be lots of skirmishing action in Main Gaming as the staff and "press gangers" from Privateer stage bruising miniature battles for Hordes, Warmachine and Monsterpocalypse.
- Mayfair Games Tournament - Our retail stalwarts at Rainy Day Games, who last year produced the Rio Grande Tournament, will be hosting a Mayfair Games Tournament in 2009. Sharpen your crayons and dream of Victory Points.
- Dealers Room - Now at 6,000 sq ft., our Dealers Room has even more tables for demos, tournaments and up-close game play with our exhibiting publishers and retailers. Featured publishers include: Bucephalus Games, Flying Buffalo, Cypher Studios, Exile Game Studios, Dragondyne Publishing, Khepera Publishing and Indie Press Revolution. Games Plus, Guardian Games, Rainy Day Games and Knightfall Games will anchor our retail. We welcome back Gallant Hand Gamers Gear and introduce Sinister Metalworks and Sexy Geek Phantasy Photos.
- Much, Much More - We couldn't possibly fit it all in to this notice, so please visit www.GameStorm.org to register for the convention, to submit events, and to get the latest info as we confirm it.