We are still lacking background.
The ideas so far:
- Mermaids are peris (Love Ethereals) that apear to sailors to feed on their sexual Essence. They take the form of pretty girls (like the ones the sailors wish to seduce), but they are half fish. This form is taken so that the apearance of maidens in the middle of the ocean could be explained logically by the sailors. Otherwise the Essence of a nonbelieving crew of a whole ship would give the Peris a hard time when trying to manifest. (see Crowd Effect)
- Many sailors could be Nomads. It's teir lifestyle.
- There would be only few actively adventuring Rosicricians at that time.
- There might be some Sentinels very actively combating the evil of the seas.
- There might be a Cult worshiping the Mad God Kraken (unfortunately he was only mentioned in Armageddon, but with no special details).
- There could be giant squids (I found rules for Kraken-creatures in Armageddon - Enemies Archived)
- There could be a Covenant of sailors (both pirates an honorable men) bound by a common oath to stop supernatural evil like seagods, deamons or seacreatures that threaten mankind.
I have no idea how that Covenant should operate, but I thought pirates would be good, because they could operate without any legal restrictions and navy personal would be good, to ensure the pirate members to stay free.
I tought, that they could have a special handshake and a tattoo or something like that...
Any more ideas?
Any suggestion on how to use the ideas I came up with myself?
Any ideas for Covenants (WitchCraft cannon ajusted for the setting or new ones that would fit)?